What Australian coin is worth the most?
Proof 1930 Penny
The last sale of this rare Australian penny in March 2019 set a new record as the most expensive Australian penny, selling for AUD$1.15 million.
What $2 coins are worth money in Australia?
- 2013 Purple Stripe Coronation $2 coin. The distinctive 2013 Coronation $2 coin was the first Australian colored coin specifically approved for circulation.
- 2012 Remembrance Day Red Poppy $2 coin.
- 2008 or 2009 double struck $2 coin.
What coins to look for that are worth money?
What year Australian pennies are worth money?
It is highly prized by coin collectors and a 1930 penny in very good condition can be worth A$45,000 or more. Other “hard-to-get” years are 1925 and 1946, although they are not as valuable as the 1930 penny. Lower quality 1925 and 1946 pennies are available for under $150.
Are Australian 1 and 2 cent coins worth anything?
The common rate for a circulating 1¢ or 2¢ coin is $3, while coins in mint (uncirculated) condition can be worth up to $15.
What is a 1988 Australian $2 coin worth?
An eBay auction listed the 1988 $2 “HH” coin and asked for bids starting at a whopping $10,000. At other auctions, the $2 pieces sell for $5 to $20, while at another auction the coin sells for $2,000.
What coins are valuable in 2021?
- 1933 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle, PCGS MS65 – Sotheby’s, $18.872.250.
- 1787 $15 Wing Punch Brasher Doubloon, MS65 – Heritage Auctions, $9.360.000.
- 1822 Capped Büste Half Eagle, PCGS AU50 – Stack’s Bowers Galleries, 8.400.000 $.
How do I know if my coin is worth money?
- First edition number. This refers to how many of the coins were originally minted and available on the market.
- Coin quality. The better the condition of your coin, the more valuable it can be.
Which old coins are worth money?
- Single 9 Pond (1898) Single 9 Pond.
- Kruger Double Nine Ponds (1899)
- Burgers Pond Coarse Beard (1874)
- Sammy Marks Tickey (1898)
- Burgers Pond Fine Beard (1874)
- VeldPond (1902)
- Mandela 90th Birthday Coin (2008)
- R5-Münze zu Mandelas 100. Geburtstag (2018)
Which 50c coins are valuable?
Anyway, back to circulation issues. Actual uncirculated 50 cent coins from 1969 (cv $25), 1971 ($25), 1972 ($55), 1973 ($60), 1974 ($35), 1985 ($13), 1993 ($22) and 1997 ($30) are all worth more than any 50c commemorative coin.
What fifty cent pieces are valuable?
- 1917 Walking Liberty Half Dollar – $2.75
- 1921 Walking Liberty Half Dollar – $94
- 1904 Barber Silver Half Dollar – $77
- 1824 Gekappter Büste halber Dollar – 73 $
How much is a 1967 Australian penny worth?
How much is an Australian 1966 2 cent coin worth?
How much is an Australian 1966 1 cent coin worth?
What is the value of a 1966 Australian 50 cent coin?
1966 Fifty Cent Value
The value of a 1966 Australian fifty cent coin depends on several factors such as: B. Quality and Wear, Supply and Demand, Rarity, Execution and more. The melting point and minimum value of a 1966 Fifty Cent is $9.32.
How much is the red poppy $2 coin worth?
In his video, titled “Australia’s rarest circulating $2 coin,” the man showed exactly how to spot a counterfeit $2 coin featuring the iconic red flower. “The 2012 Red Poppy is currently valued at $180,” said Joel. “Due to its high value, people have tried to make imitations and sell them in the market.”