Inhaling fumes can cause breathing problems, and using Goo Gone sometimes causes eye and skin irritation, but it’s fairly safe to handle unless someone ingests it. Swallowing Goo Gone can cause stomach upset, lung damage and even death if caught in the airways.
Yes, but Goo Gone is not a food safe product, so you must wash the surface thoroughly with a mild dish soap and warm water to ensure all Goo Gone residue is removed.
HEALTH HAZARD: This product may cause eye or skin irritation. This product is harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Breathing the vapors, mists or particles of this product may irritate the eyes, nose or throat.
Ingestion: May be harmful if swallowed. May cause upset stomach, nausea or vomiting. Skin: May cause skin irritation. Symptoms may include redness, drying, defatting and cracking of the skin.
SWALLOWING: Harmful if swallowed. INHALATION: Prolonged or excessive inhalation may cause respiratory irritation. EYES: Contact may cause eye irritation. SKIN: May cause slight irritation.
Many of the typical home remedies you might use to remove sticky residue from your skin or other surfaces can be dangerous for your dog. Avoid rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, WD-40, Goo-Gone, peroxide and cold cream which can be toxic to your pup.
Specially formulated with Citrus Power, Goo Gone’s portfolio of products effortlessly removes stains and sticky messes throughout your home. From rubber to grease, fabric to fiberglass, you can count on Goo Gone to safely remove almost any problem and restore your surfaces to their original condition.
In a small, sealable container, combine 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and 3 tablespoons of baking soda to form a paste. The mix is usable until exhausted and contains no harsh chemicals or odors. To use, just take a small dab of sticky stuff and gently rub it in with your fingers.
The main difference between Goo Gone and Goof Off is that Goo Gone is a mild citrus-based solution and Goof Off is a potent acetone-based formula. Goo Gone is ideal for removing residue from stickers and tape, while Goof Off is better for heavy soiling such as tar, dried paint and glue.
Re: Possible hazard of Goo-Gone when removing stick
It has no odor, leaves no residue and is usually almost completely evaporated by the time you stop using.
Goo Gone Original Liquid
Goo Gone’s bright yellow liquid continues to be the gold standard for cleaning up sticky household messes. The citrus and petroleum based formula is safe on most hard surfaces, but be careful with rubber and delicate fabrics: Goo Gone can damage these materials.
Chemical cleaning products: Cleaning products such as bleach, borax, drain cleaners, detergents, furniture polish, Goo-Gone, wood preservatives, air fresheners and deodorizers should be kept out of reach and used with caution.